Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer Photo Dump

Just got back from another camping trip.  This one from beautiful Yosemite.  LOVE it there.  Almost everything about it.  First thought as I remember it.... the pine smell as you drive in!  Most summer's you'll find us camping.  I love the 'low key' part about it.  Playing house in the wilderness.  The campfire.  Probably most because there is no tv or (mostly) no electronics.  It's a huge natural playground.  *sigh*  LOVE it.

I realize it's been a super long time since a post.  Have had plans to do it....seems like the plans are always for 'tomorrow'.  Well today IS tomorrow.  Here's photos of some of our adventures so far.  Like the title, it's pretty much a photo dump.  Hopefully I will get more detailed next time.  ;) 

*****

Shane is promoted to Middle School.  As they say, time flies.....



*****

As our tradition since Marin was in diapers, we headed out to Palm Desert for the first weekend of summer with some very good friends and some family.  

That's 7 families worth of kids!


*****

Then some 4th of July fun...






*****

Our first camping trip to Big Bear with family!









*****

I was looking for ways that the kiddos and I could volunteer this summer and found something cool and hands on.  Our local food bank, Second Harvest, has a plot of land that they plant veggies so along with can goods, they can provide fresh veggies for those in need.  They need volunteers to plant and pick...so that's what we did!  I loved that they helped make it fun for the kids and even gave us tasters.  SOO yummy and fresh.  We'll definitely do this again.





*****

Where we live, beach days are a must and much funner with friends!






*****

Some slurpee walks and pretend play here and there.  Honestly the pretend play happens more with the girl.




*****
Aaaand, my beloved Yosemite.....





At the top of Nevada Falls.  Special and beautiful and at the same time reminds me of the fact that 3 people lost their lives falling over the lower Vernal Falls that same week.  Such a sad and unnecessary accident.  We didn't know them or see it or anything like that, just really hits home the power of that amazing water and how precious life is.



At times, my boy looks SO big.  Love this photo because it reminds me....he's always my baby.  :)

So you can say we've had a very blessed summer!  And it's not even over yet!  Trying to squeeze all we can out of it.  But for sure try to keep the posture of gratefulness.

1 comment:

  1. I'm grateful! Especially for my wonderful wife and family!

    ReplyDelete