Wednesday, July 7, 2010

More than a little of this and that

So I had planned to post before today, thinking I'd share a little of this and that.  But now a week has gone by and I have more than I thought!  We're kicking into summer mode and it's hittin' the spot.  As these days have gone by I've gotten closer and closer to my glorious abnormal self and it feels really good!  Without all that studying I have so much more time....imagine that!  First off I've been back to walking regularly and that has helped get the days started off right.  But also I've had some life-giving family and friend time.  And I can't even tell you how great that's been.  This week we've enjoyed errand days (yep, they can be fun!), pool days, pajama days, a 4th of July day, 'day full of friends' days, and days with family too.

Last week we headed to Whole Foods for some of our staples with our good friends.  A little wandering around made it much funner!  Always better with friends!
Shane relaxin' in the shade!

Okay and I know it'll make me sound dorky, but there's just something that makes me giddy about a freshly organized room.  *sigh*  Makes me smile.  Actually made the kiddos smile too.



After some errands and nice clean rooms we were excited for some 4th of July celebrating.  We had LOTS of fun with many of our friends.  We did a 'tour' of celebrating of sorts.  Highlights were hanging with friends, getting to hear some special singing from a talented young lady we've seen grow right before our eyes and celebrating once again in our very good friend's home after over a year of rebuilding after a fire.  

(My first photo of fireworks.  Didn't turn out perfect, but happy at my 1st attempt.  Probably would be better with a tripod!)

We ended our week with family. Starting off at my sister Lisa's house and then heading over to my sis-in-law, Michelle's place.  Nothing like some comfortable and relaxed time with family.  No need to make plans or go anywhere.....just enjoying each other.  My favorite part is seeing the cousins laugh and play!

Lisa's......


Michelle's.......
(Marin's new favorite game....Just Dance!)



No comments:

Post a Comment