Thursday, July 29, 2010

Most Mornings

Since school's been out I have mostly been waking up about 6:30-7 and almost every morning I wake with my inner voice trying to decide......sleep in a little more or wake now and get a walk in before it gets too hot?  Most mornings I choose the walk.  After this last year of me being back at school I had really let stuff like eating well and exercise take a WAY back burner and I have missed it.  A lot more than I realized.  It's hard for me to articulate, but I've realized I just feel more like ME when I can get out.  And I didn't know it, but I've missed me.  I love the fresh air, being outdoors, the quiet of the neighborhood, the peacefulness of my mind.  It's been a perfect way to start the day.

As I go for my walks I'm sometimes joined by one or two kids and other times by Mike too.  But I'm always joined by my excited companion, Penny.  I think on one hand I've been super motivated to feel better physically, but also our little bundle of energy needs to get out and explore and get her exercise on too!  Other than being a huge blessing to our family with her cuteness and unconditional love she has also been a huge blessing to me as an early morning partner on my walks.  Even when I sometimes don't want to choose the walk, I know she does.  And I choose it for her.





1 comment:

  1. Hello, can you be my penpal? I'm intrested about your country, and everything about there :)

    ReplyDelete