Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We go together like Doritos and sour cream

Camping.  LOVE it.  It's what I look most forward to each summer.  It rejuvenates me and it's where I feel the closest with God.  Just thinking about it makes me smile.

When we had our first little guy, it was gone for  bit.  But I remember our first trip with a baby Shane to Doheny Beach.  We went with my parents and the trip was a last minute kinda deal.  We wanted to be close just in case a ride home was needed. Shane was a trooper though and got the dirtiest he had been up to that point!  He and his cutie footy pajamas.


(Had to pull out the old school pics and scan them!)
We had a second little pause after we had Mariny, and her first trip was to Doheny too!  That was with Mike's family.  Pretty perfect I'd say. :)  We had a scare with her though....she spiked a high fever on the day we were suppose to go and started having febrile seizures.  After her fever went down, we got the okay from the docs and we were off to camp!



Since then, we've camped every summer.  A typical season will have us heading out 3-4 times.  The kids have said they don't like camping (I know...shock...horror!), but once they're out there they always have a great time.  My hope is that it's something they'll one day love and really cherish the memories.  I've since gotten out of them that what they don't like is the bears!  The places we go don't ALWAYS have bears, but Yosemite does (and Sequoia too!) and we've gone there the last 5 years and I'm sure we have many trips there to come.  I think this last trip had them much calmer about the bears though and had them accomplishing a pretty significant hike.  A hike they were proud to have completed.  And whether they admit it or not.....I know they love it.  They may not love Yosemite as much as me, but I do believe they have a love for the outdoors. I've just gotta sometimes pretend I hear "yay!"when they really are saying something else.  ;)




1 comment:

  1. Your blessed to be able to go on outings like this. Loved the old photos and the new.

    ReplyDelete