Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Summer and then there's......school

It has been a wonderful and great summer.  And really, the kids have TWO weeks left before school starts so it's not over yet!  Woo Hoo!  Unfortunately, or I guess I should say FORTUNATELY, I started on Monday.  I don't like that I start before the kids do, but I AM grateful to be able to go to school and that I don't have to work my school around a job outside the home.  Whew, that would be tough and many people are doing it that way.  Anyway, I did not get into any of the science classes I need or wanted, but I did get History, Speech and Kinesiology (which is a required class relating to my personal physical assessment).  All required, so, um.......yay school??

This last half of summer has been super fun and super busy (sorry to have been away so long little bloggy).  Last week had my boy and me at our church camp....he as a camper, me as a counselor (prob. didn't need to clarify...haha).  Shane's week was planned long ago and my week got planned probably about two weeks prior to camp.  There was a need, I was able to make it work, and the thought of going to hang in the woods with 5th and 6th grade girls from my church actually sounded pretty fun.  So off we went.  And it was fun.....we had a blast!  A ridiculous amount of activity any 5th and 6th grader would love, tons of kids laughing and singing worship to our Lord and much time to hang out and be silly together.  Added bonus was I got to hang out with my fellow counselor friends, Dave and Stefanie!  But first off, I had to drop off my girl to her papa and grandma Anita's house.  Check out her blog to hear her scoop: http://marinsblahblahblahblog.blogspot.com/

Marin off to Papa and Grandma Anita's
Shane carrying his own gear!
Shane had a 'splash off' with one of the counselors.....my boy won!  haha
WooHoo.....tent 27 rocks!

Oh and while we were all having our little explorations, Mike was having a little giant one of his own.  He was in Indonesia with some friends from our church.  He had a life changing time while there.  It's almost like you don't even need to ask if something is different....you can SEE it.  So incredibly cool.  Too much to write but you should ask him about it, as I know he'd love to share!  

Love that guy so much!!!
So yes, you might see we've been a little busy, but each experience has been so amazing.  I am so grateful to have the opportunity for them all.  Below is a few pics from the week prior to camp.  Pretty random, but I like 'em!  So this week.....off to one last summer adventure.  We're off to our local beach for a last hurrah camp trip.  And it turns out my sis (in law), Michelle, and fam will be joining us!  Super excited for that.  Stay tuned!







Cutest cat I've ever seen.  She looks like a cartoon character.  Her name's Chowder!
I'm pretty sure you should always take advantage of a magnifying glass picture when you can.  So funny!
Wishing you much laughter!!!

2 comments:

  1. Been missing your Blog. We're glad to see the latest from the family is all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your last campout. I'm glad you are all back home together. Can't wait to hear all your stories of your adventures. Hope to see you soon.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete