Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend

Feet are up....sounds of my boy's music playing from upstairs....sitting next to my freshly showered girl who's watching a wee bit of mindless tv.....thinking about my hubby who's probably about a half a world away in an airplane :( ....with a tuckered out pup at my feet.....and a cold Mike's Hard Lime at my side. That's where you'll find me on this evening smack dab in the middle of the week.

We've had a very full last few days.  MUCH fun, but now it's time to take a quick breather.  It started on Friday with a staycation at my house with my family....well, we slept here, but we were out on adventures during the day.  We hit the beach, the park, mini golf, laser tag, bowling, ice cream, and when we were home we were playing games or dancing with the Wii.  And if not playing the Wii, laughing while watching.  So funny!  oh!  And a little jump or two on the trampoline!  Whew!




After most of the family left on Sunday, my parents stayed for another few days.  The main reason being so my dad could watch my kiddos while my mom and I hit the Hollywood Bowl for a concert with my bro on Tuesday eve.  A Mother's Day/Birthday present for us both from May.  And instead of a drive back and forth, they just stayed.  More days to be able to enjoy them here!

So the concert......   It was honestly not the easiest to get too.  It was on a Tuesday night, Mike was heading out of the country that eve, and then I had to figure out who would take care of the babes (thanks Dad!).  But it was SO MUCH FUN.  We stopped at Trader Joe's for some yummy 'before concert' treats.  You know, the yummy concerty kinda treats like wine, a variety of cheeses and some gooey chocolatey cakey treats.  And then we just laughed and enjoyed some wonderful live music.

TJs always has something to taste.  This eve it was yummy coffee.  Cheers!

Yay!  We're here.  They wouldn't let me bring my camera in so these last few are from my cell phone.


Today, me and the kids had another new adventure taking Penny to Dog Beach in Huntington Beach.  That too, was lots of fun. So cute to see Penny playing with her new 'for the day' beach doggy friends.  We met Aimie and her girls (including her Snowball girl) for a little bit.  But then we stayed a bit more to completely tucker our Penny-girl out!  And let me just tell you, she's been tuckered out since we got home.  She woke up to eat a quick dinner and then back to sleep!





So yes, we're blubbering a little bit right now, we're all so very tired.  But what a great few days we've had!

3 comments:

  1. We loved the pictures and the time we were able to spend with the family. I'm glad the pictures of me "rocking the baby" didn't show up on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. The image makes me laugh. It was all fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good pictures Maya! Thanks for sharing!
    Love, Deb

    ReplyDelete