Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cherry on Top

So I've long realized that my reentry back to reality after some time in these......


doesn't always go so smoothly.  I often find myself in a big 'ol nasty funk.  And I can only attribute it to the fact that I LOVE it there.  I love it home....but I do love me some trees with my family!  

After this last trip, we had SO much fun, but we were also ready for some serious down time.  We did a little shopping, saw a  movie, had a full day in pajamas and today cleaned, cleaned, cleaned.  

I think in my funk I crave the downtime, but then before I realize it, it's....just...too...much...downtime.  The first couple of hours of our cleaning frenzy today went pretty well, everyone doing their thing.  But then the kids were done and I had some more to finish, wishing I was done.  And then the fighting started and things got accidentally knocked over (candle wax all over the table anyone???).  Anyhoo, I'm just gonna say we really needed to get outta Dodge.  And fast!  So off we went, looking for fun at our community pool!








And let me tell you, we needed it bad......being out in the sun, making 'for the day' pool friends, getting some goofiness out.

And even though there was still some of this...


It ended up being a REALLY great day.

One where we didn't just stop at swimming at the pool, but one where we went all in.  Hitting Coldstone on the way home and throwing in a family game night for the cherry on top!





And now I am happy to say....the funk is gone!  Replaced by excitement from all of us for our next adventures starting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment