Monday, October 18, 2010

Finding inspiration

Last week a friend and I went to check out a local craft fair.  'Tis the season for craft fairs and I've got them all on my calendar!  For me, this one turned out to be a bust...no purchases, no real excitement for any new discoveries.  BUT AFTER  the craft fair we headed out to lunch and THERE I discovered inspiration and creativity.  It started right from the parking lot and it seemed everywhere I looked I couldn't help but snap photos.  It's a place that I'll need to go back to and play with my camera settings, maybe even bring my in-house models (my kiddos!).  I'm still flipping from auto to manual to aperture, etc.  My goal is to get to manual full time.  What a great place to practice, practice, practice!








Can I just tell you....I was inspired by my boy last week too.  He went out for student council, Publicity to be specific.  And man....my whole insides were so full of love for that guy.  I was inspired, impressed, encouraged, excited.  On his own, he decided he wanted to go for it, made up posters, wrote up a speech, and that guy SPOKE!  He was awesome.  He didn't end up getting the role, but I know he gave it his all, and more importantly HE knows he gave it his all.  He wanted something and he went for it.  'Nough said.





And guess what else I did???  

*****

*****

*****


Uh, huh...bought 2 NEW pumpkins on my way to buy stuff for this....


Love that they're perfectly imperfect
That's it...no more seeds until Halloween.  A promise to myself and to blogland!  How many seeds does a girl need anyway??

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job Shane for trying! Those carmel apples look yummy.

    ReplyDelete