Thursday, October 7, 2010

Crunchy Brown Leaves

This morning I met a friend for a walk around one of our local little lakes.   As I pulled into the parking lot I couldn't get over all of the leaves scattered around.  Now I know this is nothing compared to some parts of the U.S., but for us...it was pretty cool.  It had rained pretty hard yesterday, so I'm guessing that's what brought all the leaves down.  I kept imagining my kids jumping in the leaves.  We have many varieties of trees around us, some of their leaves fall, a lot don't, but there have never been enough leaves to play in.  I enjoyed my walk and then as I was getting ready to leave I was wishing I had a way to bring the leaves home.  Could I shove some into my reusable bags???  Do I throw armfuls into the back of my car??  Hmmm.  I couldn't imagine being able to grab enough to make it fun.  The bummer was that there were gardeners there blowing the leaves.  I was sure that if I came later with the kiddos they would be gone.



Fast forward to after school....after homework.  I decide, what the hay, let's go try the leaves.  And they were still there!  And it just seemed so meant to be, like it was perfectly planned for US.  Because not only were they there....they were put into these perfect little Shane and Marin jumping piles!







I spy with my little eye......

*****
Alright, so I'm a little embarrassed to say this, because I think it says something about my patience??  Immediate gratification anyone??  But I bought 4 pumpkins yesterday.  Two for our Halloween Jack-o-lanterns, and then two specifically so I can cut into them and grab their seeds!  Kinda sad, huh?  Well, I mean that those little pumpkins don't get to have their dual purposes.  What can I say?  I LOVE homemade pumpkin seeds!  So today we baked them up and YUMMMMM!  The good news is that I'll get more a few days before Halloween when we cut open the other two.



Before
After
*****
My little crochet project....  I decided I wasn't liking the size of my little hexagons.  So I started completely over with a bigger hook.  Finally there's some progress again.  I'm happy to say it probably won't take me three years.....maybe now just two.  I hope it turns out like it looks in my head!


*****
Oh, and Fall decorations are out!  Wreath on the door, other shades of oranges and browns throughout the house....and some yummy smelling candles by my sink.  *sigh* Yay Fall!!

Thanksgiving artwork by my friend Aimie

2 comments:

  1. Leafs to play in sounds fun... except for the gardeners. I hate leafs during fall on the golf course, lose way too many balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to any Crap Shows (as Dad would say it)? I love seeing your fall decorations.
    I love this weather.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete