Sunday, October 31, 2010

Yay...Halloween! And now onto November

Feet are up after a great evening of tricks and treats.  I don't know what was up with me this season...we didn't pull the costumes together until days ago.  But we did pull it off.  Bottom line...THEY were happy with their costumes and the kiddos had fun!  My girl and her best friend wanted to be Slink from Toy Story...had no idea how to do that one.  A search on Google doesn't pull up much of anything other than the professional Disneyland costumes.  And my boy was hoping to get a ghillie suit (think swamp thing).  Don't think I've mentioned yet how much he loves most everything regarding the military.  (Hmmm, future post?)  Anyway, too much moola for that one.  We were able to agree on "Survivor of     (plane crash, fight over a taco, etc.)"  after I found some costume bandages.

After church today we got busy carving the last of our pumpkins (saving the seeds of course), getting some last minute spider web up and putting some finishing touches on the costumes.  Then...we were off!  Always better with friends!





Wishing I took my tripod out to take this one.  But we had to get trick or treating!!
I think he turned out pretty good.  Check out his friend Gene!

Alright, so I did the best I could!  Again...THEY were happy.  I had flashbacks from some of my costumes as a kid..."and who are you suppose to be???".  haha.  And so what if the parents didn't know who they were suppose to be...their kids did! 
Even the dogs got into the fun.  I never thought I'd put a costume on my dog.  BUT...never say never!  She did look stinkin' cute!  She's the pumpkin on the left.  Marley's the skeleton on the right.  And little Riley in the back is a cute little ghost.


And can I be the first to say...Happy November!

4 comments:

  1. The kids costumes look pretty cute. Even Penny looks funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Maya and kids. Your just like your Mother. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. The costumes are great! Very creative! Luv you all Beach GMA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love spending Halloween with the Bowes! :-)

    ReplyDelete