Monday, February 7, 2011

Traffic

Haven't driven in traffic in a long time.  Well, let me clarify....morning, commute traffic.  For some reason that's different than traffic that you stumble upon while getting out of town for a vacation or a visit somewhere.  Morning, commute traffic.....blehhhh.  Vacation traffic....ok.




I was headed for a tutoring session.  Not one where I would teach someone, but for someone to teach ME.  Chemistry....no likey!  So here I was, leaving an hour before my appointment to get there by 9, driving in traffic, and then knowing I get to pay for this session in this subject that I, well,  really don't care for.


Daydreaming about the carpool lane....

Found my thoughts whirling ALOT.  Thinking about life.  About friends.  About school.  About family.  Kinda went to heavy places and my heart was feeling that specific kinda squeeze when your mind starts to go there.  But also, my mind then went to prayer.  Started one by one, giving it to God.  So grateful for the knowledge of a Lord who wants to take my burdens from me and is a constant companion in my life.

So I finally get to the darn place and the woman who was to teach me, she did not show.  She thought 10 not 9.  Erggggg!  Back to the car.

Driving home I heard this song I am so loving by Pink.  So in her original version she uses an explicit word over and over.  To be honest I do like that version...it kinda drives the message home.  It is meaningful that this version is out there, but as a regular listen, I prefer the clean one.  Good for all ears to hear.  If you feel like checking out the video you can find it on You Tube.  Pretty harsh, but so honest and really I find it beautiful.  (Don't judge ;).  Here's the song with only the 'clean' lyrics.  Btw....as some sort of disclaimer...I do not feel ANYONE is perfect but that we were perfectly made.  I am made exactly as God wanted me to be.  And you are too!





Hmmmm.   Well, at least there wasn't traffic on the way home.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if I have ever heard that song. It is a good one. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love going up the hill after going down into the valley's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a social science girl. While listening to the song and she says something to the effect of why do we exchange ourselves to be like other people... All I was doing was explaining all the reasons in my head that people do that. Then I had to start over and stop analyzing it so much. Verdict: good song.

    ReplyDelete