Thursday, September 30, 2010

Head in the Clouds

I've been completely enamored by clouds of late.  The weather has really been spinning us around.  70 degree temps one week and then skyrocketing up past the 100s the next and now these last few days we've gotten these ridiculously gorgeous clouds with a slight tease of rain.  Now, I'm not a typical cloud lover.  You know, I enjoy them like the next person...like to find things in them, etc.  But not like these last few days....these last few days if I'm outside, I'm staring straight up into that sky.  If I'm driving, my neck is bent all weird trying to look up and out my windshield window while keeping at least one eye peeled to the road.  And even though I try, I can't stop but say, "Wow!"  These clouds have simply been breathtaking.  Puffy white against a beautiful blue.  In the mornings I've been able to grab my camera and grab some shots, but I just can't capture what I see and feel on film.  I keep trying though.


We've been on a treadmill of sorts, with work, school and sports and then of course practices, etc.  But THIS eve we had a wide open evening.  So my cloud obsession brought us to the beach.  I was certain those clouds would be there too and they wanted to give us a spectacular show.  We all got busy with what had to be done so we could take this impromptu trip.  I whipped up a quick batch of peanut butter brownies and threw together a modge podge of food that would pass for dinner.  The kids got busy with their homework.  And Mike finished up some loose ends at work.  And then......


we hit the beach.  And even though those kids always say they won't go in the water (when we're there for dinner...you know, it's night-like and kinda cold)......they were in that water.  Marin fully clothed.....Shane had sense enough to take the shirt off first.  :)  I love the fully clothed beach nights.  They don't happen often, but I really do love them.  We wraggled them in to get our grub on and then they were off again.  And me and the hubby, we were able to just sit and watch.















And then the show started.  Wow!  What a show.  God sure outdid himself.  It was so amazingly beautiful, breathtaking, fabulous.....  there's a perfect word, but what is it?  Whatever the word...and even if we didn't know we needed it, it breathed air....and fresh LIFE, into all of us.



2 comments:

  1. Funny how in the last 2 pics the clouds are boiling with color and the last one taken only shortly after, are just... dark clouds. Nice entry Maya! And you dear babies look goofy as always.. luv ya all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Beach Sunset shots and the beauty of it all is that God paints a new picture every night. What a wonderful evening! Love you all, Beach GMA

    ReplyDelete