Sunday, November 7, 2010

Daydreaming

So I've been quickly slipping down a photography slope since about May....maybe April, when I got my new camera.  I'll call it my photography adventure!  Since the beginning of this adventure, I've really wanted to use my camera to the fullest and to do that I have to get off AUTO.  Trying, but it's going slower than I'd like.  I'm reading what I can, looking online too.  I'm finding that it's mostly trial and error.  But a lot of times I just don't want to err, so I flip the switch back to AUTO.  Hmmmph.

Along with experimenting with my camera I've learned that a lot of fabulous pictures out there are Photoshopped.  Post processing is what the term is.  A little sharpened here, a little extra contrast there.  But then there's these things called actions and textures too!  Whew!...huge learning curve.  Really don't even know where to begin.  Hmmmph.

Today I'm doing a little daydreaming that I have my own personal mentor who would just LOVE to teach me all I could ever want to know about camera settings and Photoshop.  And she'd want to do that for free!  Just because she loves teaching her fabulous gift to others.  Wouldn't that be the coolest?!

Hmmmm.  I think maybe I'll stay here in make believe land for the night.  I can throw some other dreams in there too....personal trainer, chef, maid, etc.  I'm sure I can check back into reality tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment