Sunday, November 14, 2010

Just thinking


I was at Lowe's yesterday and as I was waiting for some paint to get mixed (I did it...I went orange for one of my walls...still trying to decide if I completely love it...okay, I digress) I went walking around.  I was looking for some little pots for indoor plants.  I found these little pots and I grabbed them up quick.  See...they are made out of recycled candy wrappers.  I loved the size of the little pots, but I really loved that they were made of reused items.  But then I started thinking, are they really reused???  I can so picture a little factory somewhere making these little wrappers, just to make these pots and other items.  I mean are there people really going through trash in hopes that just maybe they'd find a wrapper or two??  So to be fair, maybe that is what is happening, and that doesn't make me feel good, but I really just can't see it.  So then I felt like it probably made no difference to buy these or any other pot that was displayed.  Anyway, like I said, just thinking.

Ummm, on a totally different note....
I went to a swap meet today.  A really HUGE swap meet.  It was fun.  But I was totally expecting to find THE find.  The perfect little old thing I didn't know I needed or wanted.  No such luck.  I DID see a special little treasure though.  One that if it were a few years ago, I would have snatched it up super quick. I didn't today. But I'm still thinking about it!


It was the lunch box I had as a wee little one.  I love it.  It just makes me happy and smile.  So at the time I was thinking, what in the world would I use it for now?  And now in hindsight, I think I totally would have used it.  Oh well...I took some pics of it.  :)  The pics make me smile too.

1 comment:

  1. Love the baskets on top. I like to think of all the kids that buy that candy in order for them to be made! Oh, and I SO want to do my dining room in a deep orange-earthy shade. I think of it as the "new red". I would love to see a photo of your wall when you are done.

    ReplyDelete