Sunday, September 26, 2010

Get Ready for some FOOTBALL

So yesterday was the day.  My boy had his first flag football game of the season.  And like my girl's first game...it was simply A-MAZING!  He was pulling flags and was ALL in.  Mike and I had to divide up because both our kids had games at the exact same time (of course they did), so as happy and thankful I was to get to see Shane in his flag pulling glory, I was sad that Mike didn't get to see it first hand too.  That's just the way it goes sometimes.  But I guess reliving both their games through their excited explanations can be pretty cool too.  When you can fully sense that they know they played hard and well and are nothing but happy to share it with someone who wants to know every detail.  Not sure what it is about this season, maybe it's their age....but so far, they are killing it!  And I want to do nothing else but watch them do it!



:: wish #5 wasn't blocking my shot ::
:: Another shot that's not totally clear, but can you see what's in that mohawked dude's hand? ::
:: Shane got to play his very good friend's team, so it only made if funner cheering them both on (I have to add, his friend had a pretty great game too!)::

Did I say yet that they won?   .....'cuz they totally did.  ;)


Like after most games, we had to hit the nearest spot to grab a slurpee.  And in this 100+ heat.....we went SUPER size x 4!



And as if our day was not already pretty perfect, we took some time to shower and relax and then went after some more.  Had our good friends come on over for some family fun and some hangin'.  So nice, because we've missed this kind of time with them.





And what's better than one momma's margarita??

:    :    :    :    :



Two momma's margarita's, of course!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see Shane's game. It must have been hard for them to play in 100 degree weather. Let us know when Marin and Shane play at different times, so we can see both.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shane it looks like it was a Great game! Luv ya Beach GMA

    ReplyDelete